Emergency Management Assistance Team
King County is building King County Regional Emergency Management Assistance Teams (KC EMATs) to be deployable to jurisdictions across the state, as well as assist colleagues within our region. The statewide Emergency Management Advisory Group is supporting the development of these teams to provide on-call assistance for jurisdictions in need of EOC/ECC support.
KC EMATs are on-call teams ready support any county or city EOC/ECC that needs assistance in conducting emergency management operations, including interfacing with an Incident Management Team (IMT), state agencies, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). These are support coordination assets; not field operations teams.
- Can be requested through mutual aid, including Washington Mutual Aid System (WAMAS), by any emergency management agency in need of support, advice, or guidance.
- Will follow basic Incident Command System structure and methodology.
- Will be comprised of the following positions, as needed.
- EMAT Leader
- Finance Section Specialist
- Logistics Section Specialist
- Operations Section Specialist
- Planning Section Specialist
- Public Information Specialist
- Strategic Advisory Specialist
- Incident Management Team Liaison
KC EMAT applicants meeting established criteria must submit an application and agency letter of endorsement to King County Emergency Management. (Membership criteria is identified on the application form.)
King County OEM will act as coordinating agency for the Team, providing:
- 24-hour Duty Officer contact point
- Records and documentation management
- Equipment and material support (as available)
For additional information, read an overview of this regional resource, or contact HLS.Region6@kingcounty.gov.