King County Emergency Management is collecting information from residents and businesses on damage and losses suffered during the early January 2019 windstorm. If your home or business sustained damage as a result of the storm, you may be eligible for disaster assistance.
Please read the following steps carefully before beginning your report.
If you have questions, please contact King County at 1-800-523-5044 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..
Step 1: Assess and document the damage
- Identify and make a list of all the damages.
- Take pictures of the damages.
- Estimate how much you think it will cost for repairs or to replace your belongings.
Step 2: Call your insurance company
- Locate your insurance policy documents (if available) and call your insurance company.
- Report damages to your insurance company. They will advise you on coverage and additional steps to be taken.
- If you are experiencing problems with your insurance carrier, you may want to contact the Washington State Insurance Commissioner for assistance or to file a complaint. Call 1-800-562-6900.
Step 3: File your report online
Complete an online damage report using the buttons below.
You will be asked several questions including the estimated damage to your home and belongings, as well as your insurance coverage. This information will be used to establish a county-wide damage assessment which may aid in obtaining assistance. Even if you have suffered only minor damage and do not expect to need assistance, you should submit a report.
Important information to have on hand when filing your report:
- Contact information
- Address of the damaged property
- Name of the owner or renter
- Estimated pre-disaster value of the property (from your tax records)
- Estimated structural damage
- Estimated personal property loss
- Primary cause of the damage
- Insurance coverage for the losses and the amount of your deductible
- Is the property habitable (safe to live in)?
- Is the property accessible?
- Is the damage major or minor?
- A description of the damage