Running for office
To become a candidate, you must complete and file a Declaration of Candidacy, meet the qualifications for the office at the time of filing, and be registered to vote in the district. Read the Candidate Manual for more information.
- Candidate Manual
- PCO Manual
- Offices Subject to Election
The list of offices subject to election will be available by March 15. Jurisdictions have until March 1 to provide incumbent and salary information; this information is needed in order to create the list of offices open with filing fee amounts.
- Campaign contribution limits for King County offices
- Local voters' pamphlet paper submission form
- Political sign regulations (King County)
- Political sign regulations (WSDOT)
- Public Disclosure Commission requirements
- Seattle candidate information:
- Online candidate filing
- Online PCO filing
- Online voters’ pamphlet filing
- Campaign contact information update form
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Declaration of Write-In Candidacy
- PCO Declaration of Candidacy
- Filing fee petition
- Withdrawal of Candidacy
Subscribe to candidate notifications
Subscribe to alerts for candidates, campaign managers, and others interested in running for office. Includes notices about campaign filing, deadlines, etc.