Running for office
To become a candidate, you must complete and file a Declaration of Candidacy, meet the qualifications for the office at the time of filing, and be registered to vote in the district. Read the Candidate Manual for more information.
- Candidate Manual
- PCO Manual
- Offices Subject to Election
- Campaign contribution limits for King County offices
- Political sign regulations (King County)
- Political sign regulations (WSDOT)
- Public Disclosure Commission requirements
- Seattle candidate information:
- Online candidate filing
- Online PCO filing
- Online voters’ pamphlet filing
- Campaign contact information update form
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Declaration of Write-In Candidacy
- PCO Declaration of Candidacy
- Filing fee petition
- Withdrawal of Candidacy
- Local voters' pamphlet paper submission form
Subscribe to candidate notifications
Subscribe to alerts for candidates, campaign managers, and others interested in running for office. Includes notices about campaign filing, deadlines, etc.
We are hosting several online candidate workshops to discuss filing for office in King County, submitting your local voters’ pamphlet information, voter lists and data management, campaign sign regulations, and basic public disclosure information.