Running for office
To become a candidate, you must complete and file a Declaration of Candidacy, meet the qualifications for the office at the time of filing, and be registered to vote in the district. Read the Candidate Manual for more information.
- Candidate Manual
- PCO Manual
- Offices Subject to Election
- Campaign contribution limits for King County offices
- Political sign regulations (King County)
- Political sign regulations (WSDOT)
- Public Disclosure Commission requirements
- Seattle candidate information:
- Online candidate filing
- Online PCO filing
- Online voters’ pamphlet filing
- Campaign contact information update form
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Declaration of Write-In Candidacy
- PCO Declaration of Candidacy
- Filing fee petition: Contact our office as soon as possible if you are planning to submit a filing fee petition or lack the funds to pay the filing fee to receive more information about your options.
- Withdrawal of Candidacy
- Local voters' pamphlet paper submission form
Subscribe to candidate notifications
Subscribe to alerts for candidates, campaign managers, and others interested in running for office. Includes notices about campaign filing, deadlines, etc.
This video will review how to file for office, how to submit your voters' pamphlet information, and more!