South Treatment Plant
Capital improvement projects at South Treatment Plant focus on protecting ratepayer investments through improving system reliability, protecting worker safety and the environment, and increasing efficiency.
Raw sewage pump and drive replacement
- This project replaces three sewage pumps and drives that have been in service for over 46 years. These pumps are used to move raw sewage entering the treatment plant through the treatment processes.
- Work will occur through 2017.
Upgrading reclaimed water facilities
- This project is being undertaken to comply with upcoming regulatory changes and to improve safety and reliability of the South plant's reclaimed water facility and system.
- Work is expected to begin in the fall of 2017
- Learn more about King County’s reclaimed water program.
Variable frequency drive replacement
- This project will replace 51 aging and obsolete variable frequency drives (VFD's). The new VFD's will increase reliability and reduce maintenance costs at South plant.
- Work is ongoing with expected completion in 2017.
Odor control chemical supply upgrade
View more photos on our Flickr site .