Pacific Pump Station replacement
Completed – Winter 2007
To protect public health and the environment and to ensure safe and reliable operations, the Wastewater Treatment Division determined that the Pacific Pump Station needed to be replaced.
The 30-year-old pump station was an underground facility east of Tacoma Boulevard N in the unpaved First Ave NW public right-of-way (see map). The pump station was approaching the end of its useful service life and needed to be expanded to convey increased wastewater flows from the City of Pacific to the South Treatment Plant in Renton.
King County replaced the facility with a new aboveground pump station. The new pump station is on Frontage Rd near the Custom Iron Works building. A new sewer pipe was built in the First Ave NW public right-of-way. It crosses under the Interurban Trail and connects to the existing sewer underneath Tacoma Boulevard N.
The project began construction in Fall 2004 was complete in early 2007.
For more information
24-hour emergency and odor reporting:
Contact South Treatment Plant at 206-263-1760.
New Pacific Wastewater Pump Station
Project update, July 2005