North Creek Interceptor
Completed – Spring 2019
The County has completed repairs and replacement of a 2-mile pipeline that has been serving the Bothell area since 1970. The new pipeline will increase system reliability and capacity to accommodate population and business growth in this portion of the service area.
Since early 2018 the new pipe has been carrying wastewater flows and providing increased system capacity and reliability. The new pipe was installed using both trenchless and open cut construction methods.
The map, below, shows the different work areas and construction methods for the project.
King County began work on this project in early 2015. Installation of the new pipeline was completed in early 2018. Final street paving in the Canyon Park Business Center was done this summer and final striping is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year. These areas will be monitored through 2023 to ensure the restoration was successful.
24-hour emergency and odor reporting:
Contact West Point Treatment Plant at 206-263-3801.
Visit Software Help if you have trouble viewing or downloading documents.
- Canyon Park – 20th Ave. SE restoration & paving begins Feb. 4., January 31, 2019
- Canyon Park Business Center - Restoration work on 20th Ave. SE, January, 15, 2019
- Paving update for: 214th Street SE (west of SR-527); 14th Drive SE in Bothell; and along 223rd Street in the Canyon Park Business Center, June 25, 2018
- Final paving begins June 25 14th Drive SE in Bothell (Paving was canceled due to rain), June 25, 2018
- Final Paving on 214th Street SE – West of SR 527 (Paving was canceled due to rain), June 25, 2018
- Final Paving begins June 25 on 223rd Street SE (Paving was canceled due to rain), June 25, 2018
- Intersection work at 208th Street SE and 14th Drive SE, June 6, 2018
- Final Paving in Canyon Park Business Center, March 9, 2018
- Canyon Park - Overnight Work on 214th St. SE, Feb. 8, 2018
- Canyon Park - Street Restoration along 214th Street SE, Jan. 24, 2018
- Lane closure / traffic revisions near 208th St. SE & 14th Dr. SE, Jan. 24, 2018
- Street repairs and paving and along 14th Dr. SE between 208th St. SE to 13th Dr. SE, December 1, 2017
- Construction activities continue on 214th Street Southeast west of Bothell Everett Highway (SR 527), November 29, 2017
- Intersection work at 220th Street SE and 20th Avenue SE, November 29, 2017
- Canyon Park Business Center - Daytime and nighttime intersection work at 220th Street SE and 20th Avenue SE, November 15, 2017
- Canyon Park Business Center - Daytime and nighttime intersection work at 220th Street SE and 20th Avenue SE, November 10, 2017
- Construction activities to increase on 214th Street SW west of SR 527, October 26, 2017
- night and day time work Oct. 25-29 - 214th St. SE near PacMed building, October 25, 2017
- Construction on 214th Street Southeast, west of Bothell Everett Highway (SR 527), October 12, 2017
- Canyon Park Business Center - Street Restoration along 223rd Street SE, September 19, 2017
- Street closure along 14th Drive SE 14th Drive Southeast will be reopened, May 4, 2017
- Pipeline work underway to cross North Creek from 14th Drive SE, August 10, 2016
- Canyon Park Business Center road revisions, detours, street closures, July 27, 2016
- Canyon Park Business Center—temporary closure of the north creek trail, June 17, 2016
- Canyon Park Business Center Road revisions, detours and street closures, June 9, 2016
- Pipe installation continues at 208th Street Southeast, September 18, 2015
- Winter newsletter, February 2015
- Summer newsletter, July 2014
- Fall newsletter, September 2013
- Project update, May 13, 2013
- Spring newsletter, May 2013
- Winter newsletter, February 2013
Thursday, February 28, 2013
6:30 – 8 p.m., presentation at 7:00 p.m.
Crystal Springs Elementary School Library,
21615 9th Ave. SE, Bothell
Community meeting. Learn about the North Creek Interceptor Project and ongoing maintenance and repair activities in the Bothell area.