Kent-Auburn conveyance system improvements (Phase B)
Sewer pipeline work in Pacific, Algona & Auburn
Completed – Summer 2019
Since 2008, King County Wastewater Treatment Division has been working to improve the wastewater system in southeast King County. In 2014, the County completed two new pipelines in Kent and Auburn (See Phase A info here).
The second phase of the project involved building 14,000 feet of new sewer line in Pacific, Algona, and Auburn, and making upgrades to the Pacific Pump Station.
- Spring 2017: construction begins
- Fall 2018: pipe installation complete
- Summer 2019: Pacific Pump Station work complete
- Summer 2019: all restoration work complete
24-hour emergency and odor reporting:
Contact South Treatment Plant at 206-263-1760.
Project meetings and resources
Visit Software Help if you have trouble viewing or downloading documents.
- Upcoming restoration along the Interurban Trail in Algona, September 28, 2018
- Upcoming pipe installation and restoration in Auburn, Algona, and Pacific, August 29, 2018
- Upcoming sidewalk restoration on Frontage Road, August 3, 2018
- Upcoming paving on Seattle Boulevard South; expect temporary driveway blockages, July 31, 2018
- Upcoming grading on Seattle Boulevard South; expect temporary driveway blockages – paving to take place in August, July 20, 2018
- Upcoming striping work in Pacific and Algona, July 19, 2018
- Upcoming road work in Pacific and Algona, July 12, 2018
- Frontage Road paving planned to begin in late June, June 19, 2018
- Upcoming work in Algona and Pacific, June 15, 2018
- Construction in the intersection of 15th Street Southwest and Perimeter Road starting in June, June 14, 2018
- Final pipe construction and restoration on Frontage Road, May 24, 2018
- Expect traffic impacts during upcoming work at 15th St. S.W. and Perimeter Road, April 25, 2018
- Work staring along Interurban Trail in Algona, April 12, 2018
- Update - work along Perimeter Rd. in Auburn, April 12, 2018
- Work starting along 1st Ave. in Algona, March 6, 2018
- Sewer line installation on Seattle Boulevard South continues; preparation begins along First Avenue North, February 15, 2018
- Crews begin to install new sewer line on Seattle Boulevard South, November 15, 2017
- Work continues along Seattle Blvd. in Algona – pipe installation begins in Nov., October 27, 2017
- Construction begins at Frontage Road North and Ellingson Road intersection, October 19, 2017
- Preparation for new sewer line continues along Seattle Boulevard, October 13, 2017
- Sewer pipe work on Frontage Road re-starts next week, September 1, 2017
- Work postponed in Algona along Interurban Trail, August 24, 2017
- Work along Frontage Road in Pacific resumes, August 17, 2017
- Crews prepare for construction along Interurban Trail in Algona, June 19, 2017
- Sewer line installation begins on Frontage Road in Pacific, June 16, 2017
- Dewatering equipment installation on Frontage Road, May 12, 2017
- Sewer line work begins this Spring! May 2017
- Pre-construction activities in your area - April-May 2017, April 14, 2017
A crew member inspects a dewatering pipe. This pipe removed groundwater during construction to allow crews to successfully install the green force main pipe underground.
Crews dug a trench to install pipe underneath Frontage Road in Pacific.
Crews used trench boxes to hold back soil while installing pipe alongside Perimeter Road in Auburn.
January 21, 2017
10:30 am to 12:30 pm at Algona City Hall,
402 Warde St., Algona
Project Open House. Please join us to learn more about the work taking place in Algona:
- Where and when will the work take place?
- What will it involve?
- How can you keep informed about the project?
An open house format with staff there to answer your questions about the project. Stop by any time during the open house – stay for as long as you like!