Kent-Auburn conveyance system improvements (Phase A)
Completed – Fall 2014
To protect public health and the environment, the King County Wastewater Treatment Division built two new pipelines, the Kent East Hill Diversion in Kent and the Stuck River Trunk in Auburn. The new pipelines provide the required capacity to accommodate recent and projected growth in Kent and Auburn and allow King County to continue to provide safe, reliable sewer service. To view past project updates, news releases, and environmental documents visit the project library.
Wastewater from south King County is collected by local cities and sewer districts, including the cities of Kent, Auburn, Algona, and Pacific. King County collects sewage from these local jurisdictions and conveys it to the county’s South Treatment Plant in Renton.
Kent East Hill Diversion
In Kent, King County built a new 20-inch-diameter sewer adjacent to the Kent Phoenix Academy and along Southeast 264th Street between the Academy and 114th Avenue Southeast to accommodate growth in Kent and neighboring communities. Sewage flow is now being diverted from the Mill Creek Interceptor to the South 277th Street Interceptor which has available capacity via the Kent East Hill pipeline.
Stuck River Trunk
In Auburn, King County built a new 27-inch-diameter sewer pipeline along 17th Street Southeast between K Street Southeast and C Street Southwest to increase capacity and accommodate growth in the area. Sewage flow that once entered the M Street Trunk at 17 Street Southeast and K Street Southeast is now being diverted to the Lakeland Hills Trunk via the Stuck River Trunk pipeline.
24-hour emergency and odor reporting:
Contact South Treatment Plant at 206-263-1760.
Visit Software Help if you have trouble viewing or downloading documents.
- Finishing the project: final paving and removal of equipment begins June 25, June 19, 2014
- The Kent East Hill Diversion Pipeline is complete! Final restoration activities are ongoing through mid-February, January 9, 2014
- Pipe installation nearly complete; restoration activities begin January 2014, December 11, 2014
- Weekend and night work on Kent Phoenix Academy property begins Friday, November 8, November 4, 2013
- Construction activities to increase next week on Southeast 264th Street, October 9, 2013
- Tunnel completed! Construction continues on Southeast 264th Street, September 25, 2013
- Trenchless pipe installation continues on Southeast 264th Street, August 23, 2013
- Crews to begin trenchless pipe installation next week on Southeast 264th Street, July 19, 2013
- Crews to begin excavating bore pit on Southeast 264th Street, June 17, 2013
- Crews to begin construction of the new 20‐inch sewer pipe and install three new sewer manholes on and near 114th Avenue Southeast starting May 28, May 24, 2013
- Crews to relocate waterline on Southeast 264th Street and install new sewer manhole on 114th Avenue Southeast beginning May 6, May 2, 2013
- Project information, Fall 2012
- Kent East Hill Diversion fact sheet, Summer 2012
- The Stuck River Trunk is now operational! Final restoration activities are ongoing. December 11, 2013
- Construction schedule update: street restoration work on 17th Street Southeast continues; traffic impacts on A Street Southeast continue on November 11 and 12. November 8, 2013
- Street restoration work on 17th Street Southeast begins Monday, November 4; traffic impacts on A Street Southeast November 6 through 8, November 1, 2013
- Restoration work between A Street Southeast and F Street Southeast begins Monday, October 21; open trench pipe installation continues along 17th Street Southeast, October 17, 2013
- Excavation work on 17th Street Southeast at F Street Southeast to result in traffic delays; crews to work this Saturday and Sunday on 17th Street Southeast, October 2, 2013
- Open trench pipe installation continues along 17th Street Southeast, September 25, 2013
- Crews begin installing the new sewer pipe along 17th Street Southeast, August 23, 2013
- Sewer pipe installation begins Monday, August 12 at the intersection of A Street Southeast and 17th Street Southeast, August 7, 2013
- Stuck River Trunk construction update, July 24, 2013
- Stuck River Trunk construction update, June 4, 2013
- Construction begins in your neighborhood the week of April 1, 2013, March 29, 2013
- Open house – Stuck River Trunk Sewer Project, Thursday, March 7, 2013
- Project information, Fall 2012
- Stuck River Trunk fact sheet, Summer 2012