Kent-Auburn conveyance system improvements
Sewer pipeline work in Pacific, Algona & Auburn
Project updates - June 2019
The Kent-Auburn Conveyance System Improvements Project is now complete! King County’s Wastewater Treatment Division successfully installed a new sewer line through Auburn, Algona, and Pacific. The project team wishes to thank all the members of the community–residents and businesses–for your patience and understanding during this important project.
Survey about community outreach during the project. Now that the project is complete, we want to know how well we kept you informed about construction activities. Completing this survey will help us improve our outreach for future projects.
Work began in 2017; the sewer line is now operating and providing reliable service and increased capacity to our region.
You can contact the project team with questions or concerns at 206-263-9453.
Sign up for project updates to stay informed about construction activities.
See the project library page for a list of all notices and other project materials.
Since 2008, King County Wastewater Treatment Division has been working to improve the wastewater system in southeast King County. In 2014, the County completed two new pipelines in Kent and Auburn (See Phase A info here).
The second phase of the project involved building 14,000 feet of new sewer line in Pacific, Algona, and Auburn, and making upgrades to the Pacific Pump Station.
Why is King County making these improvements?
- To protect public health and the environment
- To continue to provide safe, reliable sewer service as the area grows
- To provide enough capacity to transport wastewater through 2060 in the project area
- Spring 2017: construction begins
- Fall 2018: pipe installation complete
- Summer 2019: Pacific Pump Station work complete
- Summer 2019: all restoration work complete
- To see when work is expected to take place in your area and how long work will last, review our construction map.
- Sign up for updates and we’ll keep you informed about the project schedule and activities!