King County green building case studies
- Atlantic/Central Base Demolition Case StudyDownload PDF 103 K
A construction waste management case study examining the recycling and reuse strategies Transit used to achieve an 84% recycling rate in the demolition of two city blocks prior to construction of the expanded Atlantic/Central Base project.
- Kent Pullen Regional Communications and Emergency Coordination CenterDownload PDF 892 K
This case study describes the green building accomplishments on King County's first registered LEED® project. The building achieved a LEED Certified rating.
- King Street Center Case StudyDownload PDF 1 MB
This case study describes features under each LEED category. The building has a LEED EB Gold rating.
- King Street Center Virtual Tour
This visual tour of the King Street Center, highlights the sustainable building features including the rainwater reclaimation system, recycled content materials, and energy-efficient lighting.
- Green Roof Feasibility ReviewDownload PDF 699 K
This study examines the feasibility of constructing a green roof on the new office building planned for the county. It includes information about green roofs in general, as well as local examples of green roofs installed on municipal buildings.
- King County Green Roof Case Study ReportDownload PDF 1 MB
This study examines several green roofs that have been installed. It includes information on installation, plant selection and maintenance issues.