Looking to get involved with Zero Waste of Resources (ZWR)? There are a several actions and programs you can get involved with to help reach King County's goal of ZWR - as a business, as aresident or at school.
Get involved as a business:
- check out our Business services, to learn about recycling at the workplace and to find information for property manager.
- The Brownfields program provides assistance in assessing and cleaning up contaminated sites.
- Find out about tools and assistance available to builders for Construction recycling.
- Green building has information on LEED™ standards, and programs, trainings and references about sustainable design, construction, operation and maintaince of buildings and landscapes.
- On-site food waste composting helps businesses and schools compost their food waste and save money.
- Become a Solid Waste Division partner and contribute to the reduction and recycling of resources:
- List yourself as a recycler on King County's What do I do with…? website.
- Learn about Product stewardship the effort to share responsibility for waste management among consumers, retailers and manufacturers.
- Sustainable landscaping provides effective and affordable design for builders and developers.
Get involved as a resident
- Participate in a Recycling collection event in your community.
- Recycle more materials through the What do I do with…? website.
- Learn about Product stewardship and encourage your elected officials to hold producers responsible for the disposal of their products.
- Contact your city about recycling volunteer opportunities.