Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC)
The Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC) is established under state law, Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 70.95.165 external link , and the King County Code (KCC) 10.28Download PDF , 15 K. It operates under adopted bylawsDownload PDF , 32 K as well as under King County Ethics Rules, King County Code (KCC) 2.28Download PDF , 74 K and Executive Policies and Public Rules. The committee is balanced geographically and includes those who receive solid waste services, as well as representation from public interest groups, a marketing expert, labor, recycling businesses, a manufacturer located in King County, the waste management industry and local elected officials.
SWAC reviews and advises on policy issues, including development of the Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan.
SWAC responsibilities include:
- Providing feedback to the King County Executive and Metropolitan King County Council on proposed council actions involving solid waste issues
- Assisting the county in the development of solid waste programs and policies
- Commenting on proposed solid waste management policies, ordinances or plans prior to their adoption
The committee selects its own chair, adopts rules of order, and conducts its own meetings. Information and staff support are provided by the Solid Waste Division. SWAC meetings, which are open to the public, are generally held on the morning of the third Friday of each month.
Note: King County seeks new members for SWAC. Learn more about this volunteer opportunity English Download PDF , 180 K, en Español Download PDF , 180 K and submit your application Download PDF , 200 K.
- January 18
- February 15
- March 15
- April 19
- May 17
- June 21
- July 19
- August 16
- September 20
- October 18
- November 15
- December 20
- May 17, 2019 SWAC meeting agendaDownload PDF , 300 K
Accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided when requested 1 week in advance of meeting. Please call 206-477-5212; 711 (TTY Relay).
- April 2019Download PDF , 500 K
- March 2019Download PDF , 600 K
- February 2019Download PDF , 600 K
- January 2019Download PDF , 600 K
- View archived minutes from previous years
- SWAC applicationDownload PDF , 200 K
- SWAC brochure - volunteer opportunityDownload PDF , 180 K
- SWAC brochure - oportunidad voluntaria (Español)Download PDF , 200 K
- SWAC bylawsDownload PDF , 100 K
- Financial disclosure form
The Financial Disclosure form is found on the King County Board of Ethics site.
- SWAC roster of current membersDownload PDF , 60 K
- SWAC Transfer Plan Review Revised Part 2 Adopted Motion – August 21, 2015 Download PDF , 50 K
- SWAC Adopted Transfer Plan Motion – March 21, 2014 Download PDF , 225 K
- Draft Ordinance 14971 Business PlanDownload PDF , 82 K
Ordinance 14971, passed by the King County Council in July 2004, requires that the King County Solid Waste Division prepare a business plan to address nine specific issues.