Skip to main content
King County logo

Both the substance abuse prevention and treatment fields offer a staff certification process. The prevention professional certification is not currently required to be employed to provide substance abuse prevention services, but a certification is required in order to provide chemical dependency treatment services at a Washington State certified program.

Chemical dependency professionals (CDPs) needed

Certified chemical dependency counselors are currently needed in King County to provide substance abuse recovery services. King County can offer financial assistance with tuition, books and testing fees for interested staff of King County provider network agencies.

For more information on a career in chemical dependency counseling or more information about the Chemical Dependency Professional certification process, please see the links at the right.

Contact Us

Phone 206-263-9000

TTY Relay: 711

Fax: 206-296-0583