Drug Free Communities Grants
Director Gil Kerlikowski of the federal Office of National Drug Control and Policy (ONDCP) announced that $85.6 million in Drug Free Communities (DFC) grants for FY 2010 were awarded to local communities, including all 24 DFC continuation grantees in the state of Washington plus 10 new additional DFC grantees. The Drug Free Communities Program now supports 741 coalitions in the United States.
In King County, the new grantee is Seattle Children's Hospital: Prevention Works in Seattle.
The six continuation grantees in King County are:
- City Of Mercer Island, Washington: Mercer Island Communities That Care
- Kent City Police Department: Kent Drug Free Coalition
- Neighborhood House, Inc.: Community Advisory Coalition in Seattle
- Seattle Public Schools: Central Seattle Drug Free Communities Coalition
- Snoqualmie Valley Community Network: Snoqualmie Valley Healthy Community Coalition
- Vashon Youth And Family Services: Vashon Healthy Community Network