Voices of Recovery
Voices of Recovery (VOR) is a consumer group that represents the opinions of consumers in the King County Mental Health Plan (KCMHP) regarding the development of a consumer driven, recovery oriented system.
Membership of this group is limited to:
- ten current or former consumers of the King County Mental Health Plan
- one member of the Quality Review Team
- one staff liaison from the King County Mental Health Plan.
- Participating consumers are adults currently or formerly enrolled in the King County Mental Health Plan, or the parents of children currently enrolled in the mental health system.
- Members are appointed for a two-year term with the potential for renewal.
- Appointment to the Voices of Recovery requires a majority vote by members of the group.
- Representing the consumer voice in the design and implementation process making the system consumer driven and recovery oriented.
- Identifying and recruiting new consumers to participate in the group.
- Offering feedback and recommendations about all KCMHP recovery initiatives.
- Developing strategies to increase consumer voice and influence in the mental health system.
- VOR members meet on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month from 12:30 - 2:30 p.m., at the Chinook Building.
- There is a $24 stipend per meeting. Stipend rates are set separately for any other member activities. All stipend rates must be approved in advance by the KCMHP staff liaison.
- For more information contact: Steven Collins