Thursday, November 8, 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Seattle Center Exhibition Hall – 301 Mercer St, Seattle
The 2018 forum will include:
- Opportunities for community members to connect with legislators and county councilmembers before the program.
- Remarks by King County Executive Dow Constantine and King County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg.
- King County’s proposed behavioral health legislative priorities for 2019.
- Compelling personal stories from individuals in behavioral health recovery.
- The perspectives and priorities of legislators and county councilmembers.
Legislators already confirmed (as of 9/20/18) include: Representatives Kloba (1st), Ryu (32nd), Gregerson (33rd), Orwall (33rd), Fitzgibbon (34th), Frame (36th), Tarleton (36th), Robinson (38th), Macri (43rd), Goodman (45th), Pollet (46th); Senators Palumbo (1st) and Carlyle (36th); and County Councilmembers Kohl-Welles (4th) and McDermott (8th).
During the program, interpretation will be available in Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, and American Sign Language.
For those who can arrive early, a fun and interactive Recovery in Action event will begin at 4:30 p.m. before the forum.
Find the forum on Facebook.
Forum sharing tools available at: www.kingcounty.gov/forumtoolkit
2018 Forum Co-Sponsors: (Updated 9/17/2018)
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute
- American Behavioral Health Systems
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- Atlantic Street Center
- Cascade Behavioral Health
- Center for Human Services
- Chad's Legacy Project
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Coordinated Care
- Crisis Connections
- Downtown Emergency Service Center
- Evergreen Health
- Evergreen Treatment Services
- Facing Addiction
- Friends of Youth
- Harborview Medical Center
- Health Management Associates
- HERO House
- Intercept Associates
- Kent Youth and Family Services
- King County Behavioral Health and Advisory Board
- King County Behavioral Health Ombuds
- King County Peer Network
- King County Recovery Coaltion
- Mothers of the Mentally Ill (MOMI)
- MultiCare Behavioral Health
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Eastside
- NAMI Seattle
- NAMI Washington
- Nexus Youth and Families
- Pioneer Human Services
- Prevention Specialist Certification Board of Washington
- Recovery Café
- Seattle Area Support Groups and Community Center
- The Stability Network
- Therapeutic Health Services
- United Peers of Washington
- Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care
- WAPI Community Services
- Washington Association for Substance Abuse and Violence Prevention
- Washington Recovery Alliance
- YMCA of Greater Seattle
- Youth Eastside Services