Role of the King County Mental Health Advisory Board
The Mental Health Advisory Board (MHAB) focuses on "access to" and "quality of" mental health services in King County. Board responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and providing comments on plans and policies.
- Local oversight on activities of the RSN including the resolution of significant concerns about service delivery and outcomes.
- Reviewing and approving recommendations from subcommittees.
- Providing information to the residents of King County on system change issues and the de-stigmatization of mental illness.
- Legislative Advocacy related to Mental Health including identifying and promoting issues of importance in prevention, treatment and recovery
- Serving as liaison between service provider boards, Chief Executive Officers, and clients; and between King County Mental Health Board and agency provider boards.