Behavioral Health and Recovery
Behavioral Health and Recovery Division
Our services cover King County residents who:
- are Medicaid eligible
- and meet certain medical eligibility requirements
Limited services are available to some low-income residents who are not eligible for Medicaid.
Call our client services line at 1-800-790-8049 or 206-263-8997, or one of our contracted providers if you have questions.
If you or a loved one has an immediate mental health crisis, please call Crisis Connections, or visit www.CrisisConnections.org.
401 Fifth Ave., Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98104
TTY Relay: 711
Changes are coming January 1, 2019 to Apple Health
Beginning January 1, 2019 people with Washington Apple Health coverage in King County will have a managed care health plan that coordinates all of their care, including services for physical health, mental health, and drug and alcohol treatment.
The change will not reduce any benefits. Apple Health clients will continue to have access to all of the same services they currently do, but the state will pay for them differently. These plans will also begin to cover mental health and drug/alcohol treatment services. Clients do not have to take any action and will remain in their current health plan and may continue receiving services at the agencies where they are currently served.
Managed care organizations that will offer Apple Health plans in King County:
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Coordinated Care
- Molina Healthcare
- United Healthcare
The funding source for behavioral health services is the Washington State Health Care Authority.
If you're currently receiving services, continue seeing your provider until you complete treatment.
New clients can access services by:
- Calling our client services line at 1 (800) 790-8049
- Contacting one of our contracted providers; or
- Contacting your assigned managed care organization.
Privacy and Security of Client Information:
We are offering two new ways to communicate with the County about SUD RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT services:
- SUD Residential Phone Line: 855-682-0781. The SUD provider community is encouraged to use this number for questions related to King County’s SUD residential services. Knowledgeable, experienced staff are available to provide information and guidance Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
- SUD Residential Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Providers may forward SUD residential referral packets (via secure email) to this email address as well as any questions or concerns. Once again, knowledgeable County staff will be available Monday through Friday to answer your questions and process referrals.
If you are an SUD provider, see the summary of changes.
About The Behavioral Health and Recovery Division
We provide high quality behavioral health services to low income individuals in need. Our division provides a wide variety of services including crisis services, mental health treatment, substance use disorder treatment, and diversion and reentry services. We offer services that are respectful, tailored to individual needs, and most of all, effective. The King County Behavioral Health and Recovery Division is one of four divisions in the King County Department of Community and Human Services.