Children and Youth Advisory Board
An oversight and advisory board comprised of King County residents and stakeholders with geographically and culturally diverse perspectives will make recommendations and monitor distribution of levy proceeds. Executive Constantine appointed 35 experts, researchers, and community leaders to the Children and Youth Advisory Board, and the King County Council approved the members in January 2016.
- Equity is an ardent journey toward well-being as defined by the affected
- Equity demands sacrifice and redistribution of power and resources in order to break systems of oppression, heal continuing wounds, and realize justice
- To achieve equity and social justice, we must first root out deeply entrenched systems of racism
- Equity proactively builds strong foundations of agency, is vigilant for unintended consequences, and boldly aspires to be restorative
- Equity is disruptive and uncomfortable and not voluntary
- Equity is fundamental to the community we want to build
Past meeting materials and minutes
Contact us for any meeting materials from previous years.