King County Board for Developmental Disabilities
2018 Legislative Forum Policy Priorities
The King County Board for Developmental Disabilities presented legislative policy priorities at their 28th annual Legislative Forum on November 20, 2017. We heard from individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their family members, connect with legislators and learn about the following policy priorities and issues:
2018 Legislative Priorities
- Individuals Need Equitable Access To Services Over Their Lifespan.
Person-Centered Planning Is Needed As Students Transition From High School To Adulthood.
More Housing Options and Supports Need To Be Created As Individuals Require Housing.
The King County Board for Developmental Disabilities also supports these issues:
- Protect Washington's Employment First Policy and Maintain Employment Funding.
- Strengthen The Supported Living Provider Network.
- Increase Income Standard and/or Income Disregards Of The Apple Health For Workers With Disabilities.
- End The Exemption for Subminimum Wages.
- Advance Training For Law Enforcement Officers in Their Engagement with People with I/DD.
Thank you to the even host, The Arc of King County and organizers from its King County Parent and Family Coalition.
Thank you to Open Doors for Multicultural families for their assistance with interpretation and cultural support.