King County Board for Developmental Disabilities
2019 State Legislative Priorities
The King County Board for Developmental Disabilities will present state legislative priorities at their 29th annual Legislative Forum on November 19, 2018, at the DoubleTree Suites located at 16500 Southcenter Parkway in Seattle from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. We will hear from individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their family members, connect with legislators and learn about the following priorities:
2019 Legislative Priorities
- Build Capacity and Provide Equitable Access to Community-Based Supports.
Invest in Successful Transitions to Adulthood.
Increase Housing Options.
The King County Board for Developmental Disabilities also supports these issues:
- Protect Washington's Employment First Policy and Maintain Employment Funding.
- End the Exemption for Subminimum Wages.
- Eliminate Income Limits for the Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities Program.
- Develop Resources for benefits Planning Services.
Thank you to the event host, The Arc of King County and organizers from its King County Parent and Family Coalition.
Thank you to Open Doors for Multicultural Families for their assistance with interpretation and cultural support.