Children, Youth and Young Adults Division
Learning Center North, located at Shoreline Community College, and Learning Center Seattle, located at Seattle Vocational, serves young people who have not completed high school but who want to attain their GED and go on to college, technical training and/or employment. CYYAD supports these programs, but the providers are the respective schools.
- Individualized instruction to help students earn their GED
- Post-GED studies to further improve math and writing skills in preparation for college
- Assistance in transitioning to Shoreline Community College’s Career Education Options (CEO) Program. This free-of-charge program supports youth without a high school diploma. Students receive such support until they are 22 years of age.
- Assistance in preparing for employment, in finding a job, and in accessing WorkSource services
- Paid internships (for those eligible for this particular type of assistance)
- Assistance in dealing with barriers to academic and employment success such as transportation, housing, parenting issues, legal issues and substance abuse
- Individualized support and counseling as well as some emergency financial assistance
- Any student age 16-24 who has dropped out of high school