Children, Youth and Young Adults
Department of Community and Human Services
COVID-19 Resource List
Visit the DCHS COVID Response page for a list of local and state resources and information about coronavirus as well as information about our department's response to COVID-19.
Different Ways to Get Back on Track
King County Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) Children, Youth & Young Adult Division,
and the Latinx Youth Reengagement Project Team are pleased to present the Latinx Youth Reengagement Project
We are also grateful to the thirty Latinx youth who shared their experiences and recommendations, and took
time to participate in this study. As a provider of a wide range of employment and education services to youth and
young adults ages 16-24 throughout King County DCHS is dedicated to addressing education and employment
disparities faced by youth of color in our area.
Life Circumstances Can't Stop You
Youth and Family Services Association
Contracted community-based agencies provide a range of counseling and youth development services that seek to help young people develop healthier lives and futures. Agencies work with youth and/or their family to promote positive youth development and to reduce high-risk behaviors.
- Prevent youth from entering or re-entering the justice system
- Reduce the disproportional number of youth of color in the juvenile justice system
Each agency is connected to one of the 19 school districts in King County. Services vary by agency and may include:
- Juvenile justice prevention and intervention resources
- Youth development
- Case canagement
North King County and Seattle:
- NAVOS - Substance Abuse Treatment and Proud Out Wonderful
- Northshore - 425-485-6541
- Pioneer Human Services - Spruce Street
- Southwest Youth and Family Services
- Southeast Youth and Family Services
- Therapeutic Health Services - Youth Development
East King County:
South King County:
- Auburn Youth Resources
- Kent Youth and Family Services
- Maple Valley Community Center - Datewise Youth Program
- Renton Area Youth Services - RAYS Up
- Valley Cities Counseling - Girl's Circle
- Vashon Youth and Family Services
Juvenile Justice Initiative
The providers below have specific programs to serve youth involved or at-risk of involvement in the juvenile justice system.
Please contact one of the following providers to enroll a youth into a program:
New Family Services
The program provides education and employment support to young mothers/families enrolled in King County Public Health’s Nurse Family Partnership program. King County Department of Community Human Services staff provide education, training, information/referral and employment services. Public Health staff provide child development and family planning services.
To learn more about the program, contact Shereese Braun at Shereese.Braun@kingcounty.govor 206-477-4388
Starting in March 2020, households across our region and across the country will have the opportunity to participate in the 2020 Census. Your participation matters. Learn how you can promote a fair and accurate census at kingcounty.gov/census.