Juvenile Court Services
Juvenile Court Services provides opportunities for youth and families to receive supportive interventions and programming with the goal of eliminating future involvement in the legal system. The Guiding Principles of Juvenile Court services are:
Youth and Family Centered
- We provide early assessment and interventions, as needed, that are culturally responsive and trauma-informed to address each individual youth and family’s unique circumstances.
- We collaborate with youth, families, and community to promote and support positive youth development.
- We connect youth to community-based opportunities and resources to develop their skills and meet their needs.
- We are transparent and actively seek feedback from community to support improvement of our operations, approaches, and services.
- We work together to promote a safe community and challenge racial and ethnic disparities in the legal system.
Balanced and Restorative Justice
- We partner with community to offer innovative, restorative, and timely interventions that can limit or replace the experience of formal court, detention and criminal charging.
- We engage youth to take responsibility in meaningful ways that address their needs and the needs of those harmed by their actions.
- We recognize and respond to victims and create pathways for intervention, restoration, and behavior change.