Judge Regina S. Cahan
c/o King County Superior Court
516 3rd Ave, Room C-203
Seattle, WA 98104
Courtroom Number: W-928
Bailiff: Peggy Wu
Assignment: Chief Civil
- Visit this webpage before contacting the court.
- Read the Superior Court Email Policy.
- Get instructions for Delivering Documents.
- Get instructions for Scheduling Civil Motions.
- Please review the applicable State Court Rules and Local Court Rules before contacting the court.
TEMPORARY COVID-19 PROCEDURES
Judge Cahan will hold most proceedings telephonically. Please view Accessing the Virtual Audio Courtroom page for call-in instructions. In the future, as the court obtains video technology, video hearings may be an option.
Until further notice, Chief Civil Calendars are held only on Thursdays at 1:30 p.m.
Emergency Order #24 extended the time limits in KCLCR 7 to a nine-court day notice. Please check the King County Superior Court Website at https://www.kingcounty.gov/courts/superior-court.aspx for the most current Emergency Order.
Dispositive Motions and Hearing Requests
- Dispositive motions are typically heard on Fridays.Please email or call the bailiff with hearing requests.Please provide the following:
- Case Name and Cause Number
- Type of Hearing and Dates Requested
- Names of the parties
- Dispositive motions are typically allotted one hour for the hearing.Please advise the bailiff if requesting additional time due to multiple parties or motions.
- While Emergency Orders are in effect, Judge Cahan will conduct dispositive motion hearings either telephonically or by video.
Parties are encouraged to use the Clerk’s Office E-Working Copies service.
Judge Cahan accepts stipulations and agreed orders via email. Proposed orders are best submitted in Word format.
Copies of Non-Washington Authority Not Necessary
Judge Cahan does not require parties to submit copies of all cited non-Washington authorities (upon which parties placed substantial reliance) to the court per LCR 7(b)(5)(B)(v).
Please review these general Trial Preparation Guidelines for Judge Cahan’s court.
- Judge Cahan’s General Voir Dire Questions – Civil
- Judge Cahan’s General Voir Dire Questions – Criminal
- Voir Dire Jury Panel Seating Chart
- For cases with an assigned court reporter: If prior to the hearing or trial you know that you will want a copy of the transcript, please contact the court reporter.
- For digitally recorded courtrooms: If prior to the hearing or trial you know that you will want a copy of the CD, notify the courtroom clerk, who will be able to provide the information needed at the end of the hearing. After the hearing or trial, if you determine you need a copy of the CD, it may be obtained directly from the Clerk's Office copy center. You will need to submit a completed CD Request Form.
Judge Cahan performs weddings by appointment Monday through Friday at 4:30 PM at the King County Courthouse. Please contact email the bailiff at email@example.com or call (206) 477-1385 for availability and fee information.