The Council's Local Services Committee considers and makes recommendations on polices relating to:
- surface water management and water supply
- unincorporated and rural areas, including agriculture and rural services
- local government
- permitting and zoning
- county roads and bridges
- levies to support county roads and bridges
- emergency management including disaster response, emergency preparedness and emergency planning as it pertains to the unincorporated areas
- local services provided by the sheriff
- local parks and trails
- utility annexations and water and sewer district plans
In the areas within the committee's purview, the committee tracks state and federal legislative action and develops recommendations on policy direction for the biennial budget.
Meeting Times: First and third Monday at 1:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, King County Courthouse, 10th floor
Meeting materials for the Local Services Committee
Listed below are the meeting materials for the Local Services Committee. The meeting materials available before each meeting are combined into one PDF document and posted below under Meeting Agendas and Materials. On occasion, not all materials will be available before the meeting. Additional materials for the meeting are posted as they become available.
Please help us save paper by selecting only the section(s) of the document you need to print.
(If links are not displaying below, you may access agenda materials at https://aqua.kingcounty.gov/council/agendas/LS)