KingCare Select was introduced as a new medical plan option in 2018. Employees who enroll in KingCare Select choose one of four Accountable Health Networks (AHNs) in the Puget Sound region: Eastside Health Network, The Everett Clinic, MultiCare Connected Care™, and UW Medicine.
With KingCare Select, you’re connected to a well-rounded network of local providers working as a team. They go beyond treating illness to focus on your total health and wellness. It’s convenient, personalized care at a lower cost.
See what your coworkers have to say about their experiences with this plan—watch the KingCare Select Employee Testimonial video.
Note: At this time, the KingCare Select medical plan is not available to Deputy Sheriffs, Sheriff Captains, and TEA-Transit employees.
Same benefits—lower cost
The KingCare Select plan covers the same set of services and offers the same benefit limits as the traditional KingCare plan, but with lower deductibles and out-of-pocket costs when using network providers. Members in the Regular employee benefit group who choose KingCare Select during Open Enrollment will get $200 off the plan deductible for next year, making the deductible $0 for an individual and $400 for families.
Learn more about KingCare Select networks
About KingCare Select
Using the provider search tool
What you need to consider before choosing KingCare Select
- You must choose one of the four networks during Open Enrollment: KingCare Select gives you a choice between four different Accountable Health Networks (AHNs) in the Puget Sound region: Eastside Health Network, The Everett Clinic, MultiCare Connected Care™, and UW Medicine. Each provider network is separate. When you enroll in one, the providers in the other three networks are considered out-of-network and you will pay more to use them. Some providers may be in more than one network.
- Providers and facilities: Each KingCare Select network offers a choice of specific health care providers and facilities. If you have particular providers or facilities you want to use, review the networks carefully. To learn how to use the provider search tool to explore the providers available in each network, watch the video.
- A doctor for each family member: Each person in your family can choose their own primary care provider (PCP) to address their health needs, as long as all of your family’s providers are in your chosen KingCare Select network.
- Out-of-network considerations: If you want to continue seeing providers who are not part of your chosen KingCare Select network, you will pay significantly more for care. For out-of-network coverage details, see the Medical Plan Comparison Charts for Regular employees and Transit ATU 587 employees.
- Geographic service areas: The four networks primarily cover King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties. Review the service area maps for locations and facilities.
- Emergency care: Traveling? You'll be covered for emergency care at the in-network level at any Regence-network emergency room.
- More: See the KingCare Select FAQ and the KingCare Select brochure.
Phone: 800-376-7926, 711 (TTY)
Web: Regence BlueShield
24/7 Nurse Line: 800-267-6729
PO Box 1106
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone: 844-380-8838, 800-863-5488 (TTY)
Web: CVS Caremark
CVS Caremark Claims Dept.
P.O. Box 52136
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2136