Kaiser Permanente's SmartCare Connect
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington
The Kaiser Permanente SmartCare Connect plan combines health care and health coverage for an easy and convenient experience. Plan members can choose from a vast network that includes Kaiser Permanente Washington providers and thousands of other community providers. The plan includes coverage for routine care as well as walk-in, urgent, and emergency care at select facilities around the state. For complete plan details, see Benefits Summaries.
Kaiser to open five new medical offices in the Puget Sound areaKaiser Permanente recently announced plans to open offices in Gig Harbor, Ballard, South Lake Union, West Olympia, and Smokey Point. The first to open will be in Gig Harbor in late 2018, with the others following through early 2020. For more information, go to the Kaiser press release.
The Kaiser Permanente Washington service area
- Ease of use: Medical and pharmacy benefits under one plan, with primary care doctors, specialists, nurses, and other providers all connected to your electronic medical record at Kaiser Permanente medical offices.
- Preventive care: Coverage for a wide variety of preventive care services — such as routine physical exams, mammograms, and cholesterol screenings — at little or no cost to you.
- Mail-order pharmacy: Prescriptions delivered to you with no shipping fees.
- Behavioral health coverage: Includes mental health care and chemical dependency treatment.
- Additional member perks: Fitness club and alternative medicine discounts, a tobacco cessation program, a health assessment and personalized report, classes and support groups, and more.
Many options for care
- Kaiser Permanente medical offices: Many services provided at one location.
- CareClinic by Kaiser Permanente at Bartell Drugs: Get walk-in care for minor medical issues. Open every day, including weekends, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., for everyone age two and up.
- Urgent care: For issues that require prompt attention, you can go to any of five Kaiser Permanente medical offices in the Puget Sound area – some open 24/7.
- Care Chat: This new online messaging feature offers real-time medical care seven days a week, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Online visit: For common medical issues that don’t need a physical exam, such as a sore throat or allergies, you can go online and get a diagnosis and treatment plan, usually within two hours.*
- Email your doctor: If you get care at Kaiser Permanente medical offices, you can email your care team with non-urgent questions and receive an answer within two business days.
- Consulting Nurse: Members can call a consulting nurse 24/7 at 800-297-6877 for advice or help figuring out where to get care.
* Prescriptions from online visits must be filled at Kaiser Permanente Washington medical offices or by mail-order service.
Care while traveling
SmartCare Connect members are covered for emergency and urgent care worldwide.
For care that’s not urgent or an emergency, members can get covered care at Kaiser Permanente facilities outside the Puget Sound region. This includes Oregon, California, Hawaii, Colorado, Maryland, Georgia, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and facilities in Clark and Cowlitz counties in Washington state. Before seeking care in these other Kaiser Permanente regions, members must call Kaiser Permanente Member Services to set up visiting member access.
Phone: 888-901-4636, 711 (TTY)
Email: Kaiser Permanente
Web: Kaiser Permanente
24/7 Consulting Nurse: 800-297-6877
Prescription mail-order: 800-245-7979
P.O. Box 34585
Seattle, WA 98124-1585
Preventive care schedules