Learn to manage long-term health conditions
Living Well Programs
All benefits-covered employees and covered spouses or partners are eligible to participate in Kaiser Permanente’s Better Choices, Better Health® program. This is a six-week web-based workshop led by trained leaders who have personal experience in managing long-term health conditions.
How to participate:
Register for the online program. Better, Choices, Better Health is open to both Regence and Kaiser Permanente members. Once you register, it can take up to two weeks for the class to fill and for the program to start. Participants log in to the workshop about an hour each week, whenever it’s most convenient.
- These workshops are designed for people living with long-term health conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, anxiety or any health condition that is managed daily.
- Many topics are covered over six weeks, and each week participants are encouraged to focus on the things that are important to them!
- Some of the things participants learn and talk about include: handling pain and fatigue, reducing stress, managing medicines, planning healthy meals, designing an exercise program, communicating with friends and family, and being a more active partner with health care teams.
- Participants in the workshop help each other succeed by offering encouragement, solving problems, and sharing ideas to overcome barriers.
- Participants receive a book and other resources from the library.
- Learn about other programs and opportunities available through your health plan
Please share your feedback with the team at Balanced You so we can spread good ideas, share success stories, and bring new tools to help you feel energized and be your best. The more you tell us, the better Balanced You will be!