King County has several different websites and mobile applications, (or “Apps”), and various other technologies such as chatbots and voice assistants.
Use of information
King County, in its sole discretion, may modify these Terms, or add or remove terms at any time and such modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. King County may change or discontinue any aspect, feature or service of the websites or Apps at any time, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice.
Restrictions on use
The content of King County’s websites, and Apps including all text, graphics, compilations, data, and other documentation, is the property of King County and is protected by copyright law. You may not publish, display, distribute or commercially exploit any of the web or App content or the website without the prior written permission of King County.
Indemnification by user
You will defend King County against any claim, demand, suit, or proceeding made or brought against King County by a third party alleging that any data you use in conjunction with any websites or any App(s), or your use of any service or content in breach of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights or violates any law (a “Claim Against King County”), and you will indemnify King County from any damages, attorney fees and costs incurred by King County as a result of, or for any amounts paid by King County under a court-approved settlement of, a Claim Against King County, provided King County (a) promptly gives you written notice of the Claim Against King County, (b) gives you sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against King County (except that you may not settle any Claim Against King County unless it unconditionally releases King County of all liability), and (c) gives you all reasonable assistance, at your expense.
Disclaimer of warranty; limitation of liability
King County attempts to provide the best service available, but situations will occur that disrupt service or cause inaccurate information to be posted. The material presented on this website is not guaranteed as to accuracy, completeness, reliability, usefulness, or timeliness. The provision of the website depends on a number of items, including Internet availability, communications networks, and computer equipment which are beyond the control of King County and difficult to predict. The information on this website or in any App is not intended to constitute advice nor is it to be used as a substitute for specific advice from a professional. You should not act (or refrain from acting) based upon the information on this website without independently verifying the information and, as necessary, obtaining professional advice regarding your particular facts and circumstances. Those relying on information presented on this website or in any App(s) do so at their own risk. You assume the risk that the information provided may be incorrect, as well as the risk that any information or material downloaded by you may cause loss of data or damage to your computer systems and neither King County, nor any of its officials, employees or agents shall be liable for either the accuracy of this information or any actions taken based on the information. King County does not represent that the use of any information will not infringe privately owned rights.
Links to other sites and/or materials
King County provides links to Internet sites and data maintained by third parties. These links are provided as a courtesy and convenience to you. King County does not operate or control any of these sites, and cannot be responsible for their content, availability or accuracy. Moreover, in no way should an external link be considered any form of endorsement by King County. If you leave King County’s website or App for a third-party website or App, you do so at your own risk.
Right to privacy
King County, as a government entity, conducts public business and records related to the business of King County are generally available for public review. King County is committed, to the extent allowable by law, to protect and secure personal information contained in King County records. This privacy commitment must be balanced with the rights of public access under chapter 42.56 RCW, Washington Public Records Act, consistent with chapter 2.14 of the King County Code and any other applicable federal, state, and local statute or regulation.
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys: To gauge your satisfaction with the level of customer service that you received and improve our ability to provide such customer service, King County may from time to time use the information provided by you through this website to conduct brief customer satisfaction surveys.
- Service analytics: King County will use de-identified information (information provided by you with all personally identifying information removed) to analyze various aspects related to this website, including but not limited to, website performance statistics and customer service statistics.
- Contact Us: King County uses Contact Us Forms located throughout our websites to allow you to contact us directly with any questions, comments, or requests you may have. This information is used to respond to your questions, comments, and requests.
- Email Registration: You have the opportunity to subscribe to receive regular emails from King County while visiting our websites. When signing up for email you may be asked to provide certain details, such as email address, name, country, and preferences. The information you provide will be used to deliver email to you. If at any time you no longer wish to be a part of that email list, you may unsubscribe by clicking Unsubscribe within the email.
- Mobile Apps. King County offers various Apps for mobile devices, including Apps for phones and tablets. Full access to all the features within these applications may require the creation of an account. County Mobile Apps may track information about what features of the App you use and your usage patterns.
Website and App interactive use restrictions
The websites and Apps may contain comments sections, discussion forums or other interactive features in which you may participate. By engaging in such participation, you agree that you will not:
- Post any information that is illegal, harmful, abusive, defamatory, harassing, threatening, obscene, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously otherwise objectionable and offensive or violates the legal rights of others;
- Misrepresent one's person, background, or character;
- Sell, advertise, or exchange any goods or services unless expressly allowed;
- Post any material that violates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of a third party;
- Interfere with any other person’s right to privacy, including posting private, personal information about a third party without consent;
- Post any content that is off topic;
- Post content that violates any law, whether or not the violation is intentional.
Also, you agree to use any of King County forums at your own risk. While championing proper use of such forums, King County cannot guarantee that violations of the above will not occur.
Communications and/ or postings on this website may be moderated. Comments, posts, and communications that violate the above will be removed, and offending individuals may be denied future access to the website.