The Grants Administration Section of the Office of Regional Transportation Planning has three main areas of responsibility: grants development, grants management, and grants financial administration. The following lists the goals for these interrelated disciplines:
- Grants Development
- Develop Department priorities and projects for grant funding and ensure grant applications are consistent with the mission and goals of the department.
- Represent the Department at regional forums and promote Departmental interests, projects, and programs.
- Coordinate projects with other local agencies and jurisdictions.
- Coordinate with granting agencies on grant process criteria and fund distribution to projects and agencies.
- Grant Management
- Provide oversight and assistance to ensure grant funded projects are properly managed in accordance with federal and state guidelines.
- Represent Department with external organizations to assist with federally funded pass-through projects.
- Represent the Department with granting agencies in resolving grant management issues and advocate on behalf of Department positions and interpretations of federal rules and regulations.
- Negotiate, review and write agreements on behalf of the Department for grant funded projects in the region.
- Grant Financial Administration
- Ensure proper accounting is employed for all grant funded activities.
- Produce timely and accurate billings and financial reports to meet state and federal agency requirements.
- Assist the Department in the coordination of state and federal audits of grants under the section's administration.
- Provide the grant needs assessment for the section in financial systems modification planning and in financial system replacement processes.
Office of Regional Transportation Planning
King County Department of Transportation
201 South Jackson Street
Seattle, WA 98104-3856