Dec. 27, 2012
Metro Transit revising hours at 'Westlake Customer Stop'
Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, the Westlake Customer Stop at Westlake Station will operate under revised hours and will be open only from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. the first four and last four business days of each month.
Changing the hours allows King County Metro Transit to more efficiently focus services at the times of the month when transit customers use the facility the most to purchase bus passes or add value to ORCA cards.
At times when the customer stop is closed, customers have other options for obtaining ORCA cards, or adding monthly pass or E-purse value to an existing ORCA card.
- An ORCA card, pass or E-purse can be purchased online or by phone (1-888-988-6722) with a credit card, by mail with check or purchase order, or by visiting an ORCA customer service office.
- Customers can use the self-service ORCA vending machines on the Westlake Mezzanine adjacent to the Westlake Customer Stop to purchase an adult ORCA card, add pass or E-purse value to their existing ORCA card and pay with cash or a VISA/MasterCard credit/debit card. Value added at a self-service ORCA vending machine is ready for immediate use.
- Ticket vending machines also are located on the mezzanine or plaza level of each tunnel station, at Sound Transit Link and Sounder stations, at the transit centers in Bellevue, Burien, Eastgate, Federal Way and Northgate, and at Metro’s King Street Center Customer Service office in Pioneer Square, 201 S. Jackson St., Seattle.
- Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) ORCA cards for youth (6-18) and Senior Citizen (65 or older) require proof of eligibility and are not available at ORCA vending machines. Youth and Senior RRFP ORCA cards can be purchased through the mail or in-person at Metro’s King Street office located at 201 S. Jackson St., Seattle.
- Disabled RRFP ORCA cards must be purchased in person at the King Street Center customer Service office or an ORCA Walk-in Center.
- Pass or E-purse value can be added to an existing ORCA card only at the Bartell’s Drug Store located at Third Avenue and Union Street in Seattle.
- Metro-only ticket books can be purchased at any Bartell’s or QFC location in King County (contact the location for available products and accepted payment methods)
- Metro-only ticket books can also be purchased through the mail or in-person at Metro’s King Street office located at 201 S. Jackson St., Seattle.
- Taxi scrip can be purchased through the mail or in-person at Metro’s King Street office located at 201 S. Jackson St., Seattle.
- Customers who pay with check, purchase order or voucher can purchase via mail or in-person at Metro’s King Street office located at 201 S. Jackson St., Seattle.
- Contact ORCA customer service at 1-888-988-6722 for additional information about your ORCA purchasing options.
- Contact Metro’s customer service office at 206-553-3000 for additional information about Metro product purchasing.