Rapidly Developing Areas
More service for rapidly developing areas
Hours added: 19,300
Suburban areas of King County have grown rapidly in the past two decades. With funding from Transit Now, Metro increased service to growing residential areas by adding peak-period service in some areas with limited or no service and by adding midday service in some areas that had peak service only.
In 2008 and 2009, Metro made several improvements to service in rapidly developing areas:
- Added new Route 157 to provide commuter service between Kent East Hill and downtown Seattle.
- Added new Route 215 to provide a more direct peak-period connection between North Bend and downtown Seattle via Snoqualmie Ridge and the new Issaquah Transit Center.
- Expanded service between Carnation, Fall City, and Preston.
- Added Saturday service on Route 164 serving Kent East Hill.
- Added Saturday service on Route 915 between Auburn and Enumclaw.
- Extended all trips on Route 143 to Maple Valley and Black Diamond.
- Extended Route 168 to Four Corners in Maple Valley on weekdays.