Emergency Ride Home
Those who have taken the I-405 Pledge between October 2015 and January 31, 2016 are invited to join the I-405 Diamond Club and receive an emergency ride home (ERH) credit for a ride home from work* each month through April 30, 2016. Emergency rides home are trips you use on days when you commute to work using a non-drive alone mode and have a personal emergency.
Each month that you fulfill your pledge of logging your minimum of eight days a month on your online calendar, you will receive an email to claim a ride through your RideshareOnline.com “Rewards” tab. Trips must be logged by the end of the month. Approval emails will be sent after the 7th of the month. Trips expire on June 15, 2016 and a new program will begin this summer.
Once you’ve taken the pledge, you must log into your account (or create an account if you don’t already have one using a unique email address) on RideshareOnline.com or a partner website: On The Move Bellevue, Kirkland Green Trip, Curb The Congestion, Issaquah Salmon Friendly Trips, or Go Redmond. Read on for program redemption procedures.
*At this time we can only provide the ERH for commute trips. Sorry for the inconvenience.
How to join the I-405 Diamond Club and redeem the ERH benefit:
- Log into your account.
- Hover over “Rewards” on the top blue bar, then click on “Incentive Programs.”
- Find the I-405 Diamond Club (you may have to toggle left or right through the pages until you see it listed), then click “Submit” to request to join The Club.
- You will earn your first ride code for joining The Club and then each month that you log your eight pledged trips on your calendar, you can submit for another code to have on hand.
- Once you are approved, you will be notified via email how to redeem your ride home.
The approval process may take up to two weeks; we thank you for your patience!
Redeeming your ERH credit:
If and when you are experiencing an eligible emergency, here is how to redeem your ride code:
1. Log into your account
2. Hover over “Rewards” on the top blue bar; this time click on “Pending Rewards.” Choose between Taxi, Uber or Lyft.
3. Once you’ve chosen, then hover over “Rewards” on the top blue bar; then click on “Rewards History” to recover the different incentives you have available to claim.
4. Click on “view redeem instructions” for your unique code and instructions on how to redeem your ride.
We understand that emergencies happen and we want this to be as easy as possible for you to access your ride home when you need it. We encourage you to write down your codes as you receive them, with the phone number and directions. You can download and print this card and add codes as you earn them each month.
A friendly reminder that ERH promo codes do not pay for tips. If you choose to tip, you may do so with your own credit card.
For taxi rides you will have to call (425) 450-4555 and identify yourself to the taxi dispatcher. The dispatcher will ask for your employer; simply state this is A “Community In Motion” Emergency Ride Home when they ask for the “Employer” rather than stating your employer. This will ensure they do not bill your employer for the ride and deny your trip. We have agreements with Far West and Yellow Cab in the King County area. If this is an eligible trip, you will be able to get a ride home for up to 60 miles, tip not included.
For those of you who requested taxi codes and also work for larger employers such as Boeing and Microsoft, we have developed an alternative method to claim your code so the dispatcher will allow you to claim the CIM code and not attribute it to your employer’s ERH program. Read on for the updated directions if this applies to you.
- Email us with “CIM Taxi ERH Voucher [your taxi redeem code]” in the subject line.
- Include your mailing address and any redeem codes you have received in the body of the email as well.
- We will review your code and send you a paper voucher that you can use in case of an eligible emergency.
- These paper vouchers will expire the same date as the codes: June 15, 2016.
For Uber and Lyft trips, you’ll arrange your own ride through your personal Uber or Lyft accounts. Do not input your code into your mobile app until you intend to use it for an eligible emergency. The app may apply it on a personal trip the next time you use the app (even if it is not for an emergency). Metro will verify all Uber and Lyft trips with you via email and may invoice you for personal trips. Sharing of codes is not permitted. These codes are intended to be used by Community In Motion program participants only.
For an eligible emergency, you’ll use the ERH promo code to pay for rides up to 60 miles or $100. If your ride exceeds this amount you’ll be required to pay the difference.
What should you do BEFORE you need an ERH while using Uber or Lyft?
- Download the Uber and/or Lyft app(s). Create Uber and/or Lyft account(s) using your own credit card.
- Redeem your code in your RideshareOnline.com account using the directions above.
How to arrange an ERH with Uber or Lyft
- Request a ride using your Uber or Lyft app.
- Using one of the apps, "pay" for the ride using your ERH code. If the trip exceeds $100 or 60 miles, pay the difference with your credit card associated with your Uber or Lyft account.
- At the conclusion of the ride, you may have the option to tip the driver using your own money.
You’ll arrange your own ride through your personal Uber or Lyft accounts. You’ll use the ERH promo code to pay for rides up to 60 miles or $100. If your ride exceeds this amount you’ll be required to pay the difference.
Emergency Ride Home promo codes do not pay for tips. If you choose to tip, you may do so with your own credit card.
Issues with Uber or Lyft codes
Some users have been experiencing error messages when trying to redeem a particular code. If this applies to your situation, please email us with [CIM Lyft/ Uber Error [your Uber/Lyft redeem code] in the subject line, your name and email address. We will verify the code wasn’t used with Uber or Lyft, and then provide you with a new code through your Community In Motion account.
Codes can be earned each month through April 30, 2016 and all codes will expire June 15, 2016.
What should you do BEFORE you need an Emergency Ride Home?
Download the Uber and/or Lyft app(s). Create Uber and/or Lyft account(s) using your own credit card.
Redeem your code in your RideshareOnline.com account.
Save your promo codes in your email, on your smartphone, or in your wallet so that it is easily accessible in an emergency. Do not upload it to your Uber or Lyft account until you are ready to use it.
How to arrange an Emergency Ride Home?
Hail a ride using your Uber or Lyft app.
Using the Uber or Lyft app, “pay” for the ride using your ERH code. If the trip exceeds $100 or 60 miles, pay the difference with your credit card through your Uber or Lyft account.
At the conclusion of the Uber or Lyft ride, you may have the option to tip the driver using your own money.
When can you NOT take an Emergency Ride Home?
When your car is in the shop, not working.
When you missed your bus or train.
When your vehicle stopped running due to weather or car crash.
When you have personal errands.
When you have a planned medical or other appointment.
When you have business-related travel (i.e., going to meetings).
When you work late without a supervisor’s request.
When you planned to work late or planned to work overtime (i.e., you knew of the fact that you had to work late before you came to work).
Early dismissal from work or office closure.
Region-wide weather emergencies that cause roads to be impassable.