Community In Motion - Where Every Trip Counts!
We're here to help you explore travel options in your community and find alternatives to driving alone along the I-405 and I-90 corridors. From October 2015 to January 31, 2016, 4,500 people took the pledge to shift at least eight round trips per month for three months from driving alone to another mode, and they are well on their way to a greener lifestyle! Another round of the program is now open.
About Community in Motion
Join the movement and take a test ride – start by changing “Just One Trip” from driving alone to riding the bus, carpooling, vanpooling, biking or walking. The Community in Motion program was created for anyone who travels on the I-405 and I-90 corridors for live, work, or play! The Community In Motion team is here to help you explore travel options in your community and find alternatives to driving alone.
Make a Commitment to your Community
From January 2014 to May 2016, 61,000 people have participated in the program to shift at least eight round trips per month for three months from driving alone to another mode. This fall we are hoping 20,000 will join us by leaving their single occupant car at home for at least eight round trips per month.
Benefits of participating in the program include:
- Personalized trip planning assistance
- Monthly drawings for those who log their non-drive-alone trips
- One Emergency Ride Home credit
- A $25 ORCA card, TranBen voucher, REI gift card or Shell gas card (gift and gas cards are only available while supplies last) upon completion of the pre and post survey and logging your changed trips!
Starting September 1, 2016 through February 28, 2017 the Community In Motion team is asking people to join in our program to reduce their drive alone trips. If you participated previously and can still reduce your drive-alone trips, please join us! If you cannot reduce your drive alone trips any further, you can become a Car-Free Champion.
Ready to Give it a Try?
Here's how to get started:
1. Take your enrollment survey now and make a commitment to reduce eight round trips each month for three months.
Click the logo to take the survey today!
2. Learn more about your city program and travel options.
Depending on where you live or work, you may be eligible to be part of your city’s program in addition to Community In Motion. City programs are ongoing and offer additional rewards and incentives. Learn more by checking out Community In Motion Partner Programs.