South Park Bridge - About the bridge opening & celebration
Sunday, June 29
- 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. — Street party: music & performances, info booths, self-guided tours of the bridge's south tower, food & drink
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. — Dedication ceremony with elected officials & community leaders; fireworks
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. — Parade
- 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. — Lucha Libre; street party continues
Monday, June 30
- 6:00 a.m. – Bridge opens to all traffic
Enjoy music and performances at two stages:
- Dallas stage will feature local bands including Gnarlene & the Frisky Pigs with Fluffer and Drummerboy.
- Donovan stage will showcase Latino performance groups. Performances organized by the South Park Retail Merchants Association – download a poster en Español. (10MB .jpg)
And, back by popular demand… Lucha Libre!
Food and beverages
Eat local while you’re at the event. Local restaurants have made special arrangements for the day. Sit and eat or enjoy grab-and-go foods from merchants, including:
- 5 de Mayo Restaurant
- Cow Girls Coffee Shop
- Full Tilt Ice Cream
- Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
- Juan Colorado
- Jugos y Tortas South Park
- Muy Macho
- Panaderia y Pasterleria la ideal
- South Park Grocery
- South Park Subway
- StockBox South Park Grocery
- Taqueria El Rincon
- Tikal Bakery
- Tin Dog Brewery
- Via Vadi Coffee
Enjoy beer and wine at the SeaMar Beer Garden. Proceeds from the sales will support SeaMar Community Health Centers and their mission to provide quality, comprehensive health, human and housing services to diverse communities (specializing in service to Latinos).
Learn more about the South Park Business District.
From 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday, June 29, 14th Avenue South will be closed from the bridge to Donovan Street. During the parade, the closure will extend to Trenton Street. Please plan ahead if you need to get in or out of the community that day.
Parking and free shuttle service
Parking will be available at three locations:
- North Boeing Parking Lot (free shuttle service) — On the north side of the bridge, on the northeast side of East Marginal Way South.
- South Boeing Parking Lot — East of 14th Avenue South, reached via South Henderson Street.
- Machinists Union Lodge Parking Lot — Bordered by 14th Avenue South, South 93rd Street, 15th Place South, and South 93rd Street.
We encourage people from outside the community to park in one of these lots. Free shuttle service will be provided from the North Boeing Parking Lot only. This shuttle service to and from downtown South Park is being provided by a South Park neighbor, Solid Ground, which operates its Access paratransit fleet at a base in South Park.
Fireworks and other noise
The dedication ceremony will include a short fireworks display. Expect noise disturbance from the fireworks as well as music and other performances between noon and 9 p.m.
Metro Transit routes 60 and 132 will be temporarily rerouted because of the street closure. Look for rider alerts at affected bus stops or sign up for transit alerts on Metro’s website to receive details about how to access service on Sunday.
Para solicitar esta información en Español, sírvase llamar al 206-263-9989 o envíe un mensaje de correo electrónico a email@example.com.
Để có các thông tin này bằng tiếng Việt, xin gọi số 206-263-9785 hoặc gửi điện thư đến firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I get involved in the bridge opening celebration?
King County is planning a grand opening of the new South Park Bridge for Sunday, June 29. This is a community celebration, and we especially want the people who live and work in South Park to be involved.
The celebration will include music and other entertainment, a parade, and food and other vendors. If you would like to set up an information table, sell merchandise, be an entertainer, or participate in the parade, please reach out as soon as possible to DeAnna Martin at email@example.com.
When can I walk across the bridge?
Pedestrians will be able to walk on the bridge during the opening celebration on June 29, after the official bridge dedication. The bridge will then be closed again and prepared for opening to all traffic the next morning.
King County Department of Transportation
201 S. Jackson St.,
Seattle, WA 98104-3856
TTY relay: 711
Information on the South Park Bridge website is available to people with disabilities in alternate formats upon request by calling 206-477-3839 or 711 for the TTY relay service.
= External link