Make the connection with a VanShare
What is a VanShare?
A vanshare is a group of 5-15 people who share the first or last leg of their commute to work together in a van that is owned, insured and maintained by King County Metro. A vanshare bridges the gap between a transportation hub and your worksite or your employee's home. With vanshare, a group can commute by train, bus, ferry and then use a van that is parked in a reserved parking space at the Park & Ride lot, rail station, or ferry terminal and drive together to their work destination.
What employers can do to help employees connect with a VanShare:
- Identify which employees could commute by train or bus if they had a connection from home or to work.
- Provide free, discounted, priority or reserved parking for vanshares
- Provide full or partial subsidy for cost of monthly vanshare fare
- Provide vanshare formation incentive
- Provide a guaranteed ride home in case of emergency
- Provide on-site amenities such as lunch facilities and postal service