Commuting by bus, train, light rail, street car or water taxi
What employers can do to help employees commute by transit:
- Help employees get information on transit routes and schedules by promoting and using the Online Trip Planner.
- Offer employees some flexibility in start and quit times so they may access their best transit routes.
- Provide the convenience of ordering transit passes for employees.
- Reduce the cost of a transit pass for employees:
- Allow employees to use pre-tax income to purchase bus their own pass.
- Provide a financial benefit toward cost of monthly or annual bus pass on ORCA for employees.
- Help employees make the connection between the rail station and work (or home) by providing a VanShare.
- Help employees get up-to-the minute transit information by promoting Metro's email alert system.
- Provide a Guaranteed Ride Home program for transit users.
- Provide on-site amenities such as lunch room facilities and postal services.
- Where there is a charge for parking, allow bus commuters to drive and park for free one or two days each month for personal appointments.