Regional Joint Recommendations Committee
The Next Joint Recommendations Committee Meeting will be:
Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 from 9:30-11:30
Renton South Treatment Plant
1200 Monster Road S.W.
Renton WA 98057
Google Map It
What is the Joint Recommendations Committee?
The Joint Recommendations Committee (JRC) is an inter-jurisdictional body that provides specific funding recommendations and advice on guidelines and procedures for King County and its consortia city partners on a wide range of housing and community development issues. The JRC was created through the interlocal cooperation agreements that formed the King County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Consortium, the King County HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Consortium and the King County Regional Affordable Housing Program (RAHP) Consortium, and is now codified in the King County Code in Title 24, Chapter 24.13.
The JRC is made up of three King County representatives appointed by the King County Executive, and eight representatives of cities outside the City of Seattle that participate in the King County Consortia. The City of Seattle participates on the JRC for some meetings regarding regional fund sources that include the City of Seattle.
What does the JRC do?
- Affordable Housing: each year the JRC makes specific funding recommendations for about $5 to $8 million in capital funding for housing for very low to moderate income households. The entire JRC makes recommendations on funding for affordable housing from the following sources: Consortia federal CDBG and HOME funds, local RAHP funds, and local Veterans’ and Human Services Levy housing funds. The King County members of the JRC make specific funding recommendations for local King County CX funds, local housing funds from the Developmental Disabilities Division and local housing funds from the Mental Illness and Drug Dependency Implementation Plan. In addition, the JRC advises the Consortia and the King County Executive on procedures that guide the affordable housing programs.
- Community Development: the JRC makes specific funding recommendations for about $2 to $3 million of the Consortium's CDBG funds for non-housing capital projects such as community centers, public infrastructure projects and parks projects; in addition the JRC advises the Consortia and the King County Executive on procedures that guide the community development program.
- Homelessness: the JRC allocates about $600,000 of federal funds for homeless and emergency assistance programs, and advises King County and Seattle on the priorities for the joint application for federal McKinney homeless assistance funds (anywhere from $15 to $20 million each year).
- Consolidated Housing and Community Development Plan: the JRC reviews and recommends the Consolidated Plan, and all related plans, to the King County Executive and Council.
- State and Federal Legislative Priorities: the JRC advises the King County Executive and the County Council's Legislative Steering Committee on state and federal legislative priorities regarding housing, homelessness, and community development issues.
JRC meetings are open to the public. Some meetings are designated meetings for the gathering of public testimony and are specially advertised as such.
The JRC must have a quorum of five eligible voting representatives in order to conduct business that requires a vote.
The King County Housing and Community Development Program staffs the JRC and prepares and presents reports and recommendations for funding awards and procedures to the JRC that guide the housing and community development programs. In fulfilling its duties, the JRC considers the advice of interjurisdictional sub-regional advisory committees, made up of one representative from each participating jurisdiction in a sub-region. The advisory committees are convened to assist HCD staff in the review and recommendation of projects and programs undertaken in the sub-region.
When and where does the JRC meet?
The JRC generally meets once a month from February through December on the fourth Thursday of the month from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The meeting schedule is subject to change in the future if the JRC decides that a different day or time works better for most of the members.
Download the current 2014 Calendar
If you are interested in attending a JRC meeting, please call (206) 263-9062 to find out about the next scheduled meeting or to request an agenda.
2014 JOINT RECOMMENDATIONS COMMITTEE ROSTER
Joint Recommendations Committee Meeting Materials
(Materials in PDF unless otherwise noted)
Meeting Handouts and Presentations
JRC Fair Housing & Equity Assessment Presentation
King County Consortium 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan Update
Washington State Housing Finance Commission Housing Tax Credit Background Info
Approved July 2014 Meeting Minutes
Legislative Support Letters
September & Octover Bookmarked PDFs includes minutes, agenda, & attachments.
JRC September 25th Meeting Materials
JRC October 23rd Meeting Materials
November 2014 JRC Meeting Agenda
Attachment A: October 2014 Authorized Meeting Minutes
Attachment B: Legislative Priorities for 2015
Attachment C: HFP Capital Housing Funding Info
Attachment C.2 Funding Matrix
Attachment C.3 ARCH Letter of Support
Attachment D: HHP RFP Recommendations
Attachment E: Housing Repair Program Presentation
All files are PDF. Attachment E: provides links to videos at KCTV