Ring Hill Forest
Ring Hill Forest is working forest land located along the western valley wall above the Snoqualmie River. These forest sites play an important role in the county’s open space system by creating contiguous tracts of forest cover, providing passive use recreation opportunities and demonstrating sustainable forestry. The forest was originally harvested in 1911 and again in the mid 1960’s prior to county ownership. The site was characterized by undersized, deformed and diseased coniferous trees leading the county to develop a stewardship plan focused on creating a diverse, vigorous and healthy forest that provides habitat as well as future revenue. The site contains a backcountry trail network totaling almost 3 miles for hikers, mountain bikers, equestrians and nature observers as well as a seasonal scenic overlook.
Access: Ring Hill Forest is located west of West Snoqualmie River Rd near intersection with NE Woodinville-Duvall Rd. and to the east of 232nd Ave NE near its intersection with NE 147th St. There is a small gravel pullout accommodating three cars found by travelling south on NE Old Duvall Rd. and taking a slight right on 232nd Ave/Meyers Rd. for 0.7 miles. Site is on the left at the kiosk and gate.
Acreage: 320 Acres, Trail length: 2.6 miles
Use: Hiking, equestrians, mountain biking, nature observation