Green-Duwamish River Watershed Quality Assessment
The scope of work includes water quality and hydrologic monitoring, land use / land cover modeling, water quality and quantity modeling, and risk assessment.
The specific purposes of this project are:
- To assess existing water quality conditions and future water quality conditions for selected parameters, and evaluate best management practices for achieving Washington State water quality standards in the Green-Duwamish Watershed.
- To assess the 303(d) listed parameters of concern for the King County Wastewater Treatment Division (e.g., parameters that could influence future CSO permit requirements - fecal coliform/ E. coli, and metals), including the identification of sources of bacteria throughout the watershed.
- To provide information to support the WTD Habitat Conservation Plan and WRIA 9 salmon conservation planning efforts, including information on water quality as a factor of decline for salmonids.
- To provide technical information to the Department of Ecology to support development of TMDLs.
- To create a working watershed model that can be used as a tool for regional water quality assessment and planning now and into the future.
Team membersAs a multi-disciplinary project, the GD-WQA involves the work of a variety of Groups within WLRD's Science Unit, including:
- Environmental Laboratory
In addition, supplemental services have been contracted for their expertise, including:
- University of Washington
- Portland State University
- AQUA TERRA Consultants
- Taylor Associates, Inc.
- Herrera Environmental Consultants
- Anchor Environmental, L.L.C.
- Northwest Hydraulic Consultants
- EVS Environment Consultants
- Parametrix, Inc.
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Rhithron Associates, Inc.
- Institute for Environmental Health
Finally, the GD-WQA Team strives to cooperate with the jurisdictions within the watershed through the WRIA 9 Technical Committee. This includes cooperating with the Washington State Department of Ecology and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as they develop the required TMDLs.
Sampling analysis plans (SAP's)
- Addendum: Bacteriological Data (938 KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Figure 1. Bacteriological Sampling Locations: Duwamish and Lower Green River and Tributaries (1,025 KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Figure 2. Bacteriological Sampling Locations: Lower and Middle Green River and Tributaries (567 KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Addendum: Department of Ecology Metals Data Review (735 KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Figure 2. Schematic Representation of the Results of the Green River Temperature Study Aug. 2001-Feb. 2002 (94 KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Appendix A. List of temperature related reports (Present to 1990) . (40 KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Figure 2. Land Use and Land Cover Circa 1995: WRIA 9 (884 KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Figure 3. Designated Land Use: WRIA 9 (4.2 MB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Figure 4. Water bodies and parameters on the 1998 303(d) list for water: WRIA 9 (2.4 MB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Figure 5. Monitoring Sites for the Green/Duwamish Watershed Water Quality Assessment: WRIA 9 (1.4 MB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Figure 6. Schematic diagram of monitoring sites for the Green-Duwamish watershed water quality assessment. (36 KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- Appendices A-Q (3 MB Adobe Acrobat file)
Watershed Modeling Calibration Report (Adobe Acrobat files)
- Introduction (120 KB file)
- Modeling Framework and Approach (253 KB file)
- Model Development (1,375 KB file)
- Little Bear Creek main text (1,178 KB file)
- Little Bear Creek Appendix A: Water Balance (162 KB file
- Little Bear Creek Appendix B: Water Quality Plots (366 KB file)
- Little Bear Creek Appendix C: UCI File (224 KB file
- Swamp Creek main text (2,333 KB file)
- Swamp Creek Appendix A: UCI File (233 KB file)
- Swamp Creek Appendix B: Water Quality Plots (365 KB file)
- North Creek main text (1,034 KB file)
- North Creek Appendix A: UCI File (209 KB file)
- North Creek Appendix B: Water Quality Plots (286 KB file)
- Black River & Springbrook Creek main text (2,641 KB file)
- Black River & Springbrook Creek Appendix A: UCI File (265 KB file)
- Black River & Springbrook Creek Appendix B: Water Quality Plots (861 KB file)
- Newaukum Creek main text (3,015 KB file)
- Newaukum Creek Appendix A: UCI File (235 KB file)
- Newaukum Creek Appendix B: Water Quality Plots (2,512 KB file)
Green River CE-QUAL-W2 Project: A Hydrodynamic and Water Quality Study of the Green River (Adobe Acrobat files)
- Cover and Table of Contents (209 KB file)
- Introduction (402 KB file)
- Data Analysis and Model Preparation (Part 1) (1.45 MB file)
- Data Analysis and Model Preparation (Part 2) (2.16 MB file)
- Model Calibration, Sensitivity Analyses, Conclusions & References (1.70 MB file)
- Appendices (1.15 MB file)