King County Shoreline Master Program
The following supplemental materials are provided in Adobe Acrobat format. For help using Acrobat, please see our Acrobat help page.
- Shorelines Protection and Restoration Plan (610 Kb pdf)
A summary of shoreline restoration planning and the ways in which it is expected to occur over time.
- Public Access Plan (75 Kb pdf)
Priorities for providing new public access to major shorelines in the unincorporated area.
- Cumulative Impacts Analysis (273 Kb pdf)
This analysis evaluates the success of County policies and regulations in meeting a “no-net-loss” goal contained in the state guidelines for the Shoreline Master Program update.
Shorelines Technical Appendix
King County Shorelines Technical Appendix, Inventory and Characterization (1.6 Mb pdf), May 2007
The Technical Appendix is a detailed inventory and analysis of existing shoreline conditions. The Technical Appendix consists of the following documents:
- Technical Appendix Attachments
- Glossary (48 Kb pdf)
- Basin Context Tables (223 Kb pdf)
- Lakes Tables (15 Kb pdf)
- Data Sources and Criteria for Data Selection (49 Kb pdf)
- Ecosystem Process Definition Tables (63 Kb pdf)
- Alterations Analysis Flow Charts (97 Kb pdf)
- Protecting aquatic ecosystems: A guide for Puget Sound planners to understand watershed processes (13 Kb pdf)
Stanley, S., J. Brown, and S. Grigsby. 2005. Washington State Department of Ecology. Publication #05-06-027. Olympia, WA
- Bibliography (141 Kb pdf)
- GIS Analysis to Update Shoreline Jurisdiction Map (11 Kb pdf)
- Lake Fenwick Addendum (19 Kb pdf)
- Characterization Data Addendum
This addendum describes the data used to characterize the ecological quality of shorelines in unincorporated King County.
- Shoreline Alterations Analysis Results
- Shoreline Restoration Priority
- Cumulative Impacts Maps
Public Access Plan Maps
- Existing Shoreline Public Access
- Shoreline Public Access Gaps and Opportunities
- Shoreline Public Access Gap Locations
- Biological Resources
- Channel Migration Zones
- NOAA Navigation Lanes
- Shoreline Historic and Cultural Resources
- Current Land Use in Shoreline Jurisdiction: