King County, Washington
Staff from the River and Floodplain Management Section can assist with the following flood map information by calling 206-477-4727.
- Confirming if a property is located within a FEMA mapped Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), or flood prone area identified by King County.
- Provide flood insurance rating information such as FIRM zone, panel number, suffix, panel date and index date.
- Provide FEMA elevation certificates if available. King County has elevation certificates for many properties within the SFHA.
- Determine what regulatory provisions may apply to a specific property.
- If available, provide information on past flood damage to a property.
Flood insurance and FEMA (Acrobat PDF format)
This bulletin explains the effect of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on the permitting process of the Department of Permitting and Environmental Review (DPER) and answers some common questions about the National Flood Insurance Program's (NFIP's) impact on development projects.
King County Code >> Critical Areas (Acrobat PDF format)
County definitions and rules on development standards, restrictions, and requirements as well as permitted uses in King County floodplains and other sensitive areas. Codes pertaining specifically to floodplains can be found under sections 21A.24.230 to 21A.24.275 of this document.
iMap floodplain boundaries
Navigate, view and print custom maps using King County data including parcels, floodway and floodplain boundaries.
FEMA Flood Map Service Center (external link)
The official online location to find all flood hazard mapping products created under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).