December, 2009 FARMS Report Future of Agriculture Realizing Meaningful Solutions
Future of Agriculture Realizing Meaningful Solutions
The FARMS Report - Future of Agriculture Realizing Meaningful Solutions presents the findings of a study determining what measures King County and other agencies should take to ensure the continued success of our local agricultural economy. The report recommends measures during the next 10 years to reduce barriers and create support so that a viable future may be realized for agriculture.
This report is in response to Ordinance 16172, adopted in July 2008, which directed the Department of Natural Resources and Parks and the King County Agriculture Commission to anticipate needs for the future of agriculture in the Agricultural Production Districts (APDs) of King County.
The FARMS Report - Future of Agriculture, Realize Meaningful Solutions is offered in Adobe Acrobat format. For help using Acrobat, please visit our Acrobat help page.
Download document here:
- Full document, without appendices (19.1 Mb)
Individual sections of the report can be downloaded below
- Cover (3.47 Mb)
- Analysis (2.09 Mb)
- Maps of Agricultural Production Districts (8.08 Mb)
- Recommendations (5.64 Mb)
- Appendices as one document (5.01 Mb)
Individual appendices can be downloaded below
- Appendix A: King County Agriculture Commission 10 Year Vision (64Kb)
- Appendix B: Farmer Perceptions of Farming in King County (1.1 Mb)
- Appendix C: Consumer Opinion Survey on King County Agriculture (100 Kb)
- Appendix D: Community Partner Survey 26 Kb)
- Appendix E: Agriculture Production District Land Use Descriptions (11.5 Kb)
- Appendix F: How Much Land is needed to feed King County's Population? (19 Kb)
- Appendix G: Climate Change Impacts (14 Kb)
- Appendix H: Product Grown Commercially in King County (161 Kb)
- Appendix I: Snoqualmie Flood -Farm Task Force Report (118 Kb)
- Appendix J: Farmland Preservation Program (66 KB)
- Appendix K: Sno-Valley Tilth Statement on the Future of Agriculture (74 Kb)
- Appendix L: King County Agriculture Programs (16 Kb)
- Appendix M: Postcard of meeting notice (989 Kb)
- Appendix N: Agriculture Friendly Regulations (52 Kb)
- Appendix O: Rural Economic Strategies (30 Kb)
For questions about the FARMS Report - Future of Agriculture Realizing Meaningful Solutions, please contact Steve Evans, Project Program Manager.