Progress Report - 2015 Annual Report
King County Strategic Climate Action Plan - June, 2016
This webpage includes the 2015 Annual Report on implementation of King County’s Strategic Climate Action Plan (SCAP). The report is designed to be transparent, performance-based, and aligned with the goals, targets, measures, and priority actions in the SCAP, which was unanimously adopted by the King County Council in November of 2015.
Here are just a few of the successes that are detailed in the report:
- Metro Transit achieved record passenger boardings on buses and other services.
- King County surpassed its goals for reducing energy use in buildings and facilities.
- More than half of all new single-family buildings achieved green building certification.
- Recycling at our transfer stations increased by one-third.
- Our King County-Cities Climate Collaboration grew to 14 local governments and was recognized with a national award from the Environmental Protection Agency.
Please download the report to learn the details. For more information about climate change in King County, please send us an e-mail.