Grand opening - Sept. 24, 2011
After more than a decade of planning and construction, local dignitaries and community members joined King County Executive Dow Constantine on Saturday, Sept. 24th to celebrate an extraordinary regional investment in clean water with the start of Brightwater Treatment Plant operations.
View video .
- Live music with Pacific Cascade Big Band, Garfield Jazz Band and Seattle Youth Symphony
- Official “flipping on the switch”
- Activities just for kids
- Performance artists and book readings
- Tours of the plant, the art, the habitat and the Center
- Blessing of the water–Tulalip and Suquamish Tribes
- Community Resources Expo with dozens of exhibits and garden clinic
- Map of community resources exhibits and events
- Why is Brightwater needed?
- Project overview
- Project timeline
- Built with the environment in mind
- Membrane Bioreactor -- cleaner water in less space
- The Brightwater North Mitigation Area
- Brightwater: sewer hookups, septic systems and who pays
- 2011 Brightwater Project Cost Trend and Sewer Rate Impacts
- Sept. 24, 2011 -- Public celebrates clean water as Brightwater begins operations
- Sept. 15, 2011 -- Soon-to-open Brightwater plant already receiving kudos for energy efficiencies
- Sept. 14, 2011 -- Public invited to celebrate Brightwater’s grand opening, Sept. 24
- Aug. 17, 2011 -- No more daily grind — Brightwater tunnel mining now complete