Salmon Watcher - 2008 Maps
Salmon in the Lake Washington Watershed, Puget Sound WRIA 8 streams, & Vashon Island
Maps from the 2008 spawning season
The following maps illustrate where salmon were observed during the 2008 spawning season in the greater Lake Washington Watershed, Puget Sound streams in WRIA 8, and on Vashon Island. Observed distributions from prior surveys (1996 - 2007) are also shown on the maps in gray.
Get the FREE Adobe® Acrobat® Reader here, if you don't already have it. You need this program in order to access these documents.
Regional Project Area Maps
- Figure 1. Regional Map of Surveyed Area, including Basins (2877 KB)
- Figure 2. Regional Map Showing all Surveyed Sites (3224 KB)
Basin Maps Showing Salmonid Observations
- Figure 4. Adult Spawners Observed in Bear Creek Basin in 2008 (489 KB)
- Figure 5. Adult Spawners Observed in Cedar River Basin in 2008 (953 KB)
- Figure 6. Adult Spawners Observed in East Lake Washington Basin in 2008 (820 KB)
- Figure 7. Adult Spawners Observed in Issaquah Creek Basin in 2008 (620 KB)
- Figure 8. Adult Spawners Observed in North Lake Washington Tributaries in 2008 (518 KB)
- Figure 9. Adult Spawners Observed in Sammamish River Tributaries in 2008 (469 KB)
- Figure 10. Adult Spawners Observed on Vashon Island in 2008 (176 KB)
- Figure 11. Adult Spawners Observed in Puget Sound Basins in 2008 (868 KB)
Lake Washington Watershed Maps Showing Observed Fish Distribution
- Figure 14. Chinook Distribution (3231 KB)
- Figure 15. Sockeye Distribution (3222 KB)
- Figure 16. Coho Distributions (3248 KB)
- Figure 17. Kokanee Distributions (3178 KB)
This program is conducted in cooperation with the King County Water and Land Resources Division, Bellevue Stream Team, Redmond Stream Team, and the cities of Seattle, Bothell, Kirkland, Renton, Woodinville, and the Vashon-Maury Island Land Trust, with support from the King Conservation District.