Cutthroat trout identification
Photos from Inland Fishes of Washington by Whitney and Wydoski, © 1979 University of Washington Press. Reprinted by permission of the University of Washington Press.
- Head blunt, jaw long - extends past eye
- Small black spots on head & body extending well below lateral line, and on all fins
- Red to yellow streaks on underside of jaw
- Faint to no red on sides of spawning fish
- Length up to 30 inches
- Spawns February through May
Now that you know all about identifying salmon in streams, test yourself! Click on the mystery fish page to find out more!