If you wish to make use of the fingerprinting services we provide to the community, you will need:
- The fee.
- Current picture ID.
- A fingerprint card or an OAI, if applicable (see note below).
Payment and Fees
Fees may be paid by cash, a personal check (made payable to the King County Sheriff's Office) or money order.
- Up to two sets of prints: $15
- Each additional set: $5
Personal checks or money orders should be made payable to the King County Sheriff's Office. Please note that we do not accept second party checks.
Personal checks must be:
- Preprinted, listing name, address, and phone number.
- Verified by two (2) pieces of identification. One of these must be a Washington State Driver’s License or I.D. card with a photograph or a major credit card. The customer’s I.D and the information on the personal check must match.
- Made payable to KING COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE.
Fingerprint Cards and Originating Agency Identifier
We now use Live Scan "inkless" fingerprinting technology, which will print out fingerprint cards for you. This technology complies with all national standards and formats and can be used in place of inked cards, regardless of where the cards are being submitted.
If an agency you are applying to has given you a fingerprint card, or an OAI (Originating Agency Identifier) number, please bring that information so that we can transfer the information to your scanned and printed card.